Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does the HomePod control lights away from home

I’m trying to figure out which device I need to buy to control my lights and accessories when I’m away from home. Will the HomePod do that?

Posted on Jun 26, 2020 1:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 26, 2020 3:11 PM

It can, provided there is also an active wireless connection to the Internet. Apple TV and iPads are alternatives if you are only looking for a way to enable remote control. In particular Apple TV would be significantly cheaper.

tt2

5 replies

Jun 26, 2020 2:55 PM in response to turingtest2

An iPad can also be used as a Home Hub but, of course, needs to stay in the house and remain connected to the house wifi. If you have one available you could use an iPad to test your setup before buying a Homepod.

I use an ATV as a hub. I sometimes take a second ATV on trips. It has not been set up as a Home Hub but uses the same AppleID. I have found that this sometimes prevents me from accessing the Home Hub remotely if my iOS device is connected to the same wifi.

Does the HomePod control lights away from home

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.