You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple introduces powerful new iPad mini built for Apple Intelligence. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple E-Reader

Im a long time apple user. I read a lot of books currently on either an iPad mini 4 or my iPhone XS. I tried a kindle paper-white for 20 minutes and returned it. too much flicker and did not like the page turn. Ultimately, I would like to read at the beach or on my deck (without being under an umbrella) I own approx 100 apple books that seem to be locked to apple. Is there any chance or hope that Apple will release an e-reader?

iPhone XS, iOS 13

Posted on Jun 26, 2020 2:18 PM

4 replies

Jun 26, 2020 2:28 PM in response to SteveReina

SteveReina wrote:

Is there any chance or hope that Apple will release an e-reader?

There has been one available for years!

Read books in the Books app on iPad - Apple Support

Update: I now see you own some Apple Books. So I guess you’re looking for some additional product to read other books. (Or maybe you didn’t know Books supports PDFs.)

Anyway, we can’t speculate here about what Apple may or may not do in the future. But certainly there are plenty of books available in Apple’s Store!

Jun 26, 2020 2:40 PM in response to sberman

I'm thinking the OP is asking about a Kindle like viewing experience? Kindle's do well in direct sunlight like at a beach, whereas iPad is often difficult to read at the the beach.

SteveReina: We would have no clue if Apple will ever release a Kindle type device, but I would highly doubt it. Instead, go to Amazon and look for screen protectors, which are anti-glare and matte finish, which would make viewing in bright light situations easier on an iPad.

Apple E-Reader

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.