Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why does icloud.com goto find my iphone

Tried first answer but no flip or what ever the pluck it’s called. I already went into settings and turned off find my iphone but safari still insists ongoing to find my ipone GODDAMIT, i even removed the old phone devise and safari still insists on going to find my iPhone!

Please prove clear and concise answers. Thank you.

iPad Air, iOS 12

Posted on Jun 26, 2020 4:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 7, 2020 1:28 PM

If you go to iCloud.com from an iOS device, there are a limited number of services available to you. If you do the same thing older software on an iOS device, then you will only get the “find my phone” option. You can get a full list of services at iCloud.com using your Mac.

10 replies

Jul 7, 2020 1:34 PM in response to MacLeonardo

When enterint the domain in the address bar, there should then be a drop-down showing the options.

Here’s what the drop-down shown after entering Apple.com looks like:

Select the domain from that list.

As an alternative for this particular case, add a space on the end, and that’ll suppress the other alternatives.

Winston Churchill: please try that? I get the iCloud.com web services portal login from both iOS and iPadOS, when I visit that domain. This used to be restricted a while back, but when Apple started masking the browser info, iCloud now shows the same page and same login info across iOS, iPadOS, and macOS.

Jun 29, 2020 10:28 AM in response to Michael Black

Now I can't figure out how to edit my question to make it more clear. On my iPad, when I open Safari and go to icloud.com, Safari defaults to icould.com/find. The associated iphone was found but is n/a. When I followed the instructions on the same person who had the same problem. The instructions read something like go to settings > your name > apps using or something like that > don't remember past here, but I do remember the instructions said to look for fipm or something like that and turn it on or off. I could not find that! So frustrated as ****, I tried to post my same issue with a snarky request for clear and concise replies, having found the previous person's answer not helpful at all.

I just tried to go to icloud.com on my ipad, again, and again, it went to icloud.com/find, which is not where I want safari to take me

I apologize for loosing my temper

Jun 29, 2020 10:29 AM in response to zinacef

Now I can't figure out how to edit my question to make it more clear. On my iPad, when I open Safari and go to icloud.com, Safari defaults to icould.com/find. The associated iphone was found but is n/a. When I followed the instructions on the same person who had the same problem. The instructions read something like go to settings > your name > apps using or something like that > don't remember past here, but I do remember the instructions said to look for fipm or something like that and turn it on or off. I could not find that! So frustrated as ****, I tried to post my same issue with a snarky request for clear and concise replies, having found the previous person's answer not helpful at all.

I just tried to go to icloud.com on my ipad, again, and again, it went to icloud.com/find, which is not where I want safari to take me

I apologize for loosing my temper

Jul 7, 2020 1:21 PM in response to MrHoffman

answering from my imac...

how can I "pick icloud.com form the list of stuff that appears when you enter the domain" when having already entered "icloud.com" in the safari URL field takes me to "icloud.com/find?" I don't know how to be any clearer maybe screen shots...too much trouble...need three devices to show what's happening! ,.p..go...Great! NOW I ERASED MY CURRENT IPHONE FROM THE ACCOUNT AND BECAUSE MY OLD PHONE NUMBER IS STILL ASSOCIATED WITH MY APPLE ACCOUNT I CAN'T PROCEED.

sorry to yell, but do you understand my frustration?

Jul 7, 2020 1:45 PM in response to MrHoffman

Neither the phone nor the iPad give you all the cloud services available to the desktop. The phone has photos, find my phone and notes, the iPad those 3 plus 6 more.

I'm aware you can load the desktop version of the site from a mobile device. The problem is that the additional services it reveals don't work very well, hence why I assume they are hidden in the first place.

why does icloud.com goto find my iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.