Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

DoorDash messages on iPhone

I keep getting messages from DoorDash that my order is being delivered, but I have never ordered anything. Also these messages are from area codes far away from where I live. I have not opened the iMessage. How can I stop receiving these messages?

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 13

Posted on Jun 26, 2020 5:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 26, 2020 5:17 PM

Either Delete DoorDash or change your username and password on the DoorDash app. Also delete the payment method that you may saved on DoorDash. Finally, be sure to contact DoorDash support from the app itself.

Axel F.

8 replies

Jun 26, 2020 7:31 PM in response to OrangeS215

OK. That explains that. You are not talking about DoorDash notifications from the app but you are talking about getting regular messages from unknown telephone numbers. Those are all scam messages. You can open he message but do not click on links or divulge any information. The purpose of those messages are to get you to state that you did not order anything by leading you to a website and phish out account information. Just delete those messages.

Axel F.

Jun 28, 2020 5:51 AM in response to Axel Foley

Thank you Axel F, you’ve stated my problem correctly. I’ve received a few of these messages from DoorDash and two from GrubHub (which I’ve never used either) and I’ve deleted these messages in the past, but by doing that, does that let the senders now know that they’ve reached a valid phone number/ message name? Is there anything I can do in settings or security that can be done to stop these scam messages? Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated, thank you again for your help.

Jun 28, 2020 9:28 AM in response to OrangeS215

You know these may not be scam messages after all. They could be notifications from DoorDash and GrubHub. You have never used these services. Did you just get a new phone number recently? The reason I ask is because your number could have been used by the previous owner of that phone number for these services. It's either that or someone entered their own notifications phone number in their DoorDash and GrubHub apps incorrectly. Furthermore are these iMessages (Blue Bubble) or SMS Messages (Green Bubble)? You stated iMessages and I want to confirm that because Messages from these companies generally are in the SMS message format.

You can go to GrubHub's and DoorDash's respective websites and communicate with their support team(s) to remove your phone number from their database if possible.

Axel F.

Jun 28, 2020 2:04 PM in response to Axel Foley

Thank you again Axel F, I incorrectly stated iMessages because I have an iPhone, but you are right since these messages are SMS messages showing a Green Bubble. Also, I’ve had my iPhone since 2015 with the same phone number. I will follow your advice and try to contact these companies to remove my number from their data base. With the coronavirus, the Apple store near me is still not open, which I would have gone to for help in this matter. But I really appreciate all your help, and thank you again. M

DoorDash messages on iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.