Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I bought an iPhone 6 from a family friend and cannot I lock because I don’t have the Apple ID or password how do I reset it to my preference

I bought an iPhone 6 from a family friend and cannot I lock because I don’t have the Apple ID or password how do I reset it to my preference

iPhone 6

Posted on Jun 26, 2020 9:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 26, 2020 9:41 PM

I understand that you do not have the Apple ID and Password that was used to remove the Activation Lock.

If I understood you correctly then you will need the Apple ID and Password from that family friend to remove the Activation Lock. Without that information there is nothing that you will be able to do with that iPhone. If they do not have the information then demand your money back.

Axel F.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 26, 2020 9:41 PM in response to Fweety

I understand that you do not have the Apple ID and Password that was used to remove the Activation Lock.

If I understood you correctly then you will need the Apple ID and Password from that family friend to remove the Activation Lock. Without that information there is nothing that you will be able to do with that iPhone. If they do not have the information then demand your money back.

Axel F.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.