Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Siri is not talking anymore.

Siri in not talking anymore. Siri is responding same as before but for some reason it stopped talking.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone XR, iOS 13

Posted on Jun 27, 2020 4:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 27, 2020 1:10 PM

I’ve seen a lot of reports of this. While I haven’t encountered it, users who have tried changing voices find that it’s a workaround.

If you would like to try a possible fix go to Settings/Siri & Search when the phone has a good Wi-Fi connection, try several voices and report which ones work (or don’t work). Then select US Female and leave it on that setting with Settings/Siri & Search open for a while to see if it downloads the voice.

And another question, which I’m not allowed to ask and you are not allowed to answer, did you install the iOS 14 beta?

11 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 27, 2020 1:10 PM in response to Mjmalabed

I’ve seen a lot of reports of this. While I haven’t encountered it, users who have tried changing voices find that it’s a workaround.

If you would like to try a possible fix go to Settings/Siri & Search when the phone has a good Wi-Fi connection, try several voices and report which ones work (or don’t work). Then select US Female and leave it on that setting with Settings/Siri & Search open for a while to see if it downloads the voice.

And another question, which I’m not allowed to ask and you are not allowed to answer, did you install the iOS 14 beta?

Jun 27, 2020 2:37 PM in response to Mjmalabed

Seems like a lot of us are having this problem today, June 27th, 2020. I found a workaround and posted it here: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/251517337?answerId=252941900022#252941900022

The workaround is to change Siri's accent to literally ANY other accent and Siri won't be mute anymore. It's not a fix, but at least you'll be able to hear Siri again (just in a different accent). Just try one other accent and it should work and shouldn't take up much storage on your phone. Like you, I also prefer the American Female Siri, but I will stick with another accent for now because at least it's working.

Jun 27, 2020 2:28 PM in response to Lawrence Finch

Well I would like to try all the different voices but I know it will consume a lot of storage on my phone and once it is downloaded I think there is no option to delete it. So I only try one. And I prefer the American siri which is not working for whatsoever reason. And for iOS 14, I still don’t have any idea how to install it. I tried to check for system update but showing I’m up to date.

Jun 28, 2020 2:38 AM in response to Lawrence Finch

So I keep it on Australian Male for some time and update my phone to beta 14. At first, still didn’t work when I switch it to American female but I tried to switch it again and keep it on Australian Male for a couple of hours (which works fine for me). I tried to switch it back again last night to American Female and I noticed that it download again. And Siri in American Female is now working. Thanks

Jun 29, 2020 9:42 AM in response to cobraic

the first time I encounter this problem i try to call Apple support and they ask me to reset the network setting. I also reset the whole setting and I almost reset everything on my phone.😂. I even lost all the wifi network that I used to connect before also the wifi on our neighbour. No more free wifi 😂😂😂. I wish I didn’t reset it. 😂

Siri is not talking anymore.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.