Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Dark circle on front camera

I have an iPhone 11 and I’ve had it for a few months now. I’ve never dropped it or anything and I woke up this morning, went to check my Snapchat and noticed a dark area on the camera screen. The camera itself looks fine no scratches and I don’t see anything underneath. What do I do? This is a good phone I don’t want the pictures having a dark spot in the middle. It’s not super dark or large but I definitely notice it I’m sure someone else will too.

iPhone 11, iOS 13

Posted on Jun 27, 2020 7:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 1, 2020 9:07 AM

Hello, Acefrom96.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

From what has been read on your post, you're seeing a dark spot whenever you use your camera on the iPhone. It's good that you've checked over the camera to make sure there was nothing damaged.

Does the dark circle appear after taking photos or videos?

Have you tried different lighting when taking photos or videos? If you see a flare, haze, or spot near the edge of your photo or video

Try cleaning the camera to see if that helps and remove the case if you have one: If the camera or flash on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch isn't working

"If the camera isn't working

1. Remove any case or film that might block the camera. A metallic or magnetic case or camera attachment might interfere with the camera on your device.
  2. Test the camera by trying to take a photo. 
  3. If the photo is blurry, clean the front and back camera lenses with a microfiber cloth. If you see dirt or debris inside the lens or if the camera lens appears to be misaligned or blocked, contact Apple Support for help with your iPhoneiPad, or iPod touch.
  4. Restart your iPhoneiPad, or iPod touch
  5. Test the camera again by taking a photo. If your device has a front and rear camera, check if one or both isn’t working. To switch cameras, tap the rotate button ".

Keep us updated.

Cheers!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 1, 2020 9:07 AM in response to Acefrom96

Hello, Acefrom96.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

From what has been read on your post, you're seeing a dark spot whenever you use your camera on the iPhone. It's good that you've checked over the camera to make sure there was nothing damaged.

Does the dark circle appear after taking photos or videos?

Have you tried different lighting when taking photos or videos? If you see a flare, haze, or spot near the edge of your photo or video

Try cleaning the camera to see if that helps and remove the case if you have one: If the camera or flash on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch isn't working

"If the camera isn't working

1. Remove any case or film that might block the camera. A metallic or magnetic case or camera attachment might interfere with the camera on your device.
  2. Test the camera by trying to take a photo. 
  3. If the photo is blurry, clean the front and back camera lenses with a microfiber cloth. If you see dirt or debris inside the lens or if the camera lens appears to be misaligned or blocked, contact Apple Support for help with your iPhoneiPad, or iPod touch.
  4. Restart your iPhoneiPad, or iPod touch
  5. Test the camera again by taking a photo. If your device has a front and rear camera, check if one or both isn’t working. To switch cameras, tap the rotate button ".

Keep us updated.

Cheers!

Dark circle on front camera

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.