Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery drain during sleep

There is a same thread under Majove but I wanted to ask if the issue is known to Apple under Catalina. I use MBP 16 inch. I have parallel installed. In the Energy Saver settings, Power Nap is not enabled. This happened three times and I infer that the problem will persist. When I put the computer on sleep with the battery charged 100%, in the morning I see it is around 38% charged. I noticed that the bottom of the laptop was also a bit warm. Is there a solution? If this is not considered as a problem, what is the way of putting the computer truly to sleep like putting it a hibernate state which does not seem to be built in Catalina.

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jun 27, 2020 8:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 29, 2020 4:53 AM

This is to inform the thread that Parallels seems to be responsible for the drain. I turned parallels off before putting the computer on sleep. There was no drain in the morning.

Similar questions

1 reply

Battery drain during sleep

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.