Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

PowerMac G5 not booting? Please help!

I've been working on this PowerMac G5 (Model A1047) for the last 3 years I've given up many times before but I'm coming back and I'm determined to fix this old machine as I want to keep it for a vintage Mac collection I'm thinking about starting, this is the 3rd time I've posted on Apple Community about this computer and I'm hoping I can find a solution for this Mac this time. So I've had this machine for a long time and after I moved from New Zealand to Australia this Mac has started acting odd, starting with the incorrect date (which now I've figured out was a bad PRAM battery and I replaced later on) then after it would boot fine but after minutes of use would instruct me to hold the power button to shut down and a kernel panic error would be in the corner of the screen. Later on when I would power on the system, the Apple logo would appear but there wouldn't be any loading sign and nothing would happen and then if it was left for too long the fan would get increasingly louder. The only few times the Mac started properly after the problem occured I formatted the disk and went to reinstall Mac OS X because I thought it may help but then it would do the same and kernel panic and instruct me to shut down the Mac. So now I am stuck with a PowerMac G5 with no OS and when I do go to boot the install disk which came with the G5 I am still stuck on just the Apple logo and no loading sign. I HAVE TRIED EVERYTHING, new PRAM battery, reset SMC, resetting PRAM/NVRAM (just makes the screen go black after second chime), new PRAM battery as well as reseating GPU and RAM and NOTHING HAS WORKED so just today I have tried verbose mode boot on the Mac OS X installer disk and this is what it showed (attached picture), nothing else happened after this other than the fans speeding up.

So please if there is anyone who knows a lot about PowerMacs I will take all the help I can.

Posted on Jun 27, 2020 9:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 27, 2020 8:39 PM

I've tried the hairdryer trick and it started working. Closing this thread now

Similar questions

2 replies

PowerMac G5 not booting? Please help!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.