Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Do Home Videos get backed up to iCloud? If you only watch 1/2 a Home Video does iCloud keep track of that?

Do Home Videos get backed up to iCloud? If you only watch 1/2 a Home Video does iCloud keep track of that? For some reason, my Home Videos are not flagged as watched. I am currently backing up to my iMac and wondering if an iCloud backup would work better.

iPhone XS Max

Posted on Jun 27, 2020 10:37 AM

4 replies

Jun 27, 2020 1:04 PM in response to Winston Churchill

I have playlists that check to see if a video is watched. If watched it selects removes the watched video and replaces it with another video. However, sometime around the time iTunes was split up, the metadata in my videos (specifically the "last played metadata) does not seem to be updating if watched on my iPhone or iPads. If I watch on my Mac, it updates just fine. My Playlists worked perfectly for years and now they won't update. I have tried to tell Apple feedback about this problem but have gotten no response. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Les

Do Home Videos get backed up to iCloud? If you only watch 1/2 a Home Video does iCloud keep track of that?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.