Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

what if forgot my security questions and it wont let me reset them because not enough info but ik my apple id and password

what if forgot my security questions and it wont let me reset them because not enough info but ik my apple id and password

Posted on Jun 27, 2020 4:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 27, 2020 4:33 PM

Welcome to the Apple Community.

If you have forgotten your security questions and have supplied a rescue email when setting up your account, you can reset them at My Apple ID otherwise...

If you are unable to remember your password, security questions, don’t have access to your rescue address or are unable to reset your password for whatever reason, your only option is to contact Apple ID Support, upon speaking to an operator you should explain that your problem is related to your Apple ID, this way you will not be charged for assistance, even if you don’t have an AppleCare plan.

You will need to show patience with the procedure and be prepared to demonstrate without question that the account belongs to you. Don’t expect access to be restored immediately and if you aren’t the owner of the Apple ID registered to the device the account won’t be reset.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 27, 2020 4:33 PM in response to Fern5480

Welcome to the Apple Community.

If you have forgotten your security questions and have supplied a rescue email when setting up your account, you can reset them at My Apple ID otherwise...

If you are unable to remember your password, security questions, don’t have access to your rescue address or are unable to reset your password for whatever reason, your only option is to contact Apple ID Support, upon speaking to an operator you should explain that your problem is related to your Apple ID, this way you will not be charged for assistance, even if you don’t have an AppleCare plan.

You will need to show patience with the procedure and be prepared to demonstrate without question that the account belongs to you. Don’t expect access to be restored immediately and if you aren’t the owner of the Apple ID registered to the device the account won’t be reset.

Jun 27, 2020 5:24 PM in response to Fern5480

contact Apple ID Support.  See the Apple Support articles below for contact information.  

Apple ID - Official Apple Support.    

Contact Apple for help with Apple ID account security - Apple Support.   (Link doesn’t always load)  

Get Support          Work through the screens to get a chat option. You may have to pick a slightly different problem.

Apple Support schedule phone call

https://twitter.com/AppleSupport.          People have posted it may take an hour or more to get a response.

From the Apple Support article below. 

Without proof of your identity via security questions and other carefully selected criteria, Apple Support can't help you reset a password or perform any other actions on your account. These policies are audited and reviewed on a regular basis.

Security and your Apple ID - Apple Support.      

Based on multiple posts I have read, they may not be willing to help.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.