Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Authorisation bug, won't play a track even though device is authorised.

I just purchased and downloaded Blackstar (album) by David Bowie album from iTunes and when I try to play the title track (track 1) it asks me to authorise my computer (which I have done, it tells me after doing it that it was already authorised) and then plays the next song on the album. I try to play the first one again and the same happens again. I am in a loop that will not allow me to play a song I just bought.

I am also in a loop with support. Apple has the worst subterfuge support pages that never take you nearer to a text chat or actual line of help.

Please help.

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Jun 27, 2020 4:44 PM

3 replies

Jun 28, 2020 6:33 AM in response to RobbieRocket74

RobbieRocket74 wrote:

Apple has the worst subterfuge support pages that never take you nearer to a text chat or actual line of help.

Well now you're here, so let's see.

repeated requests to authorise a song usually indicates that the file forr that song is faulty.

The solution appears to be to delete the song from your Library and re-download it from the store. Don't forget to look in the all section of your purchases, because as far as the store is concerned, it's already in your Library (even though you've deleted it) and therefore will not show it under the Not In My Library section.

If you still don't see it, look for any hidden items and unhide them.

Jun 28, 2020 11:06 AM in response to RobbieRocket74

So, I deleted the track from iTunes and my computer and of course because it was a purchase (not an import) the track remained in the library and I had the option to hide it. Instead I tried to play it and then it began to play as it downloaded. It even retained the track information I had edited and added.

A little bizarre, but ultimately thanks for the help.

Authorisation bug, won't play a track even though device is authorised.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.