Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What’s up with this cellular update failed when I have done no updates ?

I just received a notice that the cellular functions of my iPhone would not work until I took certain actions because a cellular update had failed . I don’t understand how that could be possible since I haven’t initiated and updates for quite awhile. Can anyone explain how this this happens

iPhone 7, iOS 13

Posted on Jun 28, 2020 12:56 AM

6 replies

Jun 29, 2020 9:31 PM in response to donv_the_ghost

I tried to do the latest ios update and it wont work. No carrier updates show as available. When I try to do an update It says I am not online. And I am on line. Messages work email works so I am blocked from doing anything. Can I connect it to my Macbook Pro and update thru the Itunes store. or am i going to need to do a reset on the whole thing?

Jul 14, 2020 8:38 PM in response to Eric Root

The problem came back soon. I managed to update iOS thru itunes. but that was no help.I did some more digging and found that on iPhone 7 that there is a know hardware failure on certain model and serial numbers and it linked to where I could enter my info to see if mine was one of them and it was. I have an appointment next week to drop it off at a specific Best Buy where it will sent in for repair at no cost. I have another phone on the way but at least I will have a spare now. Thanks again!

What’s up with this cellular update failed when I have done no updates ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.