Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone video

Hi. Is there any limit to the length of video I can take on my iPhone 11? I've been asked to video a short play. This assumes the battery will be connected to power. Thanks in advance. Gill

Posted on Jun 28, 2020 7:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 1, 2020 7:17 PM

Hi Gillie69,

We understand you have a question about how long you can take a video, and we can work together to get the right answer for you.

Other than the power consumption, your iPhone would be limited to the amount of available storage needed to save a video.

You can go to Settings > Camera > Record Video, and from here you will see a table list that allows you to choose video capture quality. Below the chosen quality is a list of how much storage will be used, approximately, by each setting.

Check out this article to see how much storage you have available, and you should be able to get an idea of how long you can record for:

How to check the storage on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Let us know how that helps.

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 1, 2020 7:17 PM in response to Gillie69

Hi Gillie69,

We understand you have a question about how long you can take a video, and we can work together to get the right answer for you.

Other than the power consumption, your iPhone would be limited to the amount of available storage needed to save a video.

You can go to Settings > Camera > Record Video, and from here you will see a table list that allows you to choose video capture quality. Below the chosen quality is a list of how much storage will be used, approximately, by each setting.

Check out this article to see how much storage you have available, and you should be able to get an idea of how long you can record for:

How to check the storage on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Let us know how that helps.

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities.

iphone video

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.