Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple News app is always “loading”

Why does the News app on iPhone never finish loading? IOS is up-to-date but this app is going downhill.

Can anyone assist?

iPhone 6s, iOS 13

Posted on Jun 28, 2020 9:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 6, 2020 12:11 PM

Same problem, none of the fixes seem to work. Cycling cellular, WiFi, restarts, uninstall/reinstall, etc..

after the “Top Stories” section it just said loading with a indefinite spinning circle.

canceled my New+ subscription today because of it.

13 replies

Jul 2, 2020 7:03 AM in response to Daltman62

Hey Daltman62,

It looks like the News app just continues to show loading on your iPhone.

Has this app ever worked for you? Are you able to use other apps that need a data connection like Safari without any issues? We recommend to start by following the steps here: If an app unexpectedly quits, stops responding, or won’t open

Have you noticed if this is happening over a Wi-Fi connection or cellular data or both? If you've only tried it on one type of network, try connecting to a different network and test the app out again.

Cheers!

Nov 5, 2020 8:42 AM in response to Daltman62

Apple has confirmed this is an ongoing problem for some users.

“I have gone over the information from our developers. They are stating that they have had several reports from customers, not just you, that are experiencing the same thing as you are.

They are working very hard to resolve this issue and they hope to have it fixed very soon. I am am sorry to say they did not provide a time frame to when it would be fixed, just that they are aware of it and working very hard to resolve it.”

Apple News app is always “loading”

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.