Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

where are audiobooks stored on mac in Catalina?

I download audiobooks into the downloads folder, dbl-click to move to Books. Can I then delete the files in the download folder, i.e. are the files copied (duplicated) or just referenced?

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.12

Posted on Jun 28, 2020 1:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 1, 2020 2:35 AM

According to the Mac Observer, it's at ~/Library/Containers/com.apple.BKAgentService/Data/Documents/iBooks/Books

There is no way to have it stored on an external media drive, from what I've been able to tell. And it's a series of folders with random names so there's no way to tell which folder is for a specific audiobook.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 1, 2020 2:35 AM in response to NWGuy

According to the Mac Observer, it's at ~/Library/Containers/com.apple.BKAgentService/Data/Documents/iBooks/Books

There is no way to have it stored on an external media drive, from what I've been able to tell. And it's a series of folders with random names so there's no way to tell which folder is for a specific audiobook.

where are audiobooks stored on mac in Catalina?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.