Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Organising iPhone apps on my iMac

Since the demise of iTunes I cannot find how to use my Mac to organise my iPhone apps. Does that functionality still exist? Thanks.

iMac with Retina 5K display, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jun 28, 2020 4:21 PM

4 replies

Jul 2, 2020 8:43 AM in response to FlailingLimbs

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities, FlailingLimbs.

If we understand your post correctly, you'd like to know how to organize the apps on your iPhone since iPhone is no longer managed in iTunes for Mac. We’d like to help.

iPhone apps are now managed directly on your iPhone. Follow the steps in this article:

How to move apps and create folders on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Let us know if that resolves this issue for you. 

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities. Take care.

Jul 3, 2020 4:56 AM in response to FlailingLimbs

FlailingLimbs wrote:

Thank you for the reply. It’s helpful in understanding what’s possible and what’s not.

However, the link mentions that you can also “reorder pages” without explaining how to do that. Given I have about 10 screens of apps on my phone I would love to know how to move screen 2 to the end etc. Can that be done.

No, that can't be done. Reordering pages is bad terminology for what Apple is trying to say here. Reordering a page in Applespeak means that you can move apps to another or a new page or screen, not move an entire page or screen of apps, all at once, to another screen.

You can reorder a screen of apps by moving all of the apps to another screen or screens, but you have to move the apps one at a time.

Organising iPhone apps on my iMac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.