Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bluetooth turning on

How do you stop bluetooth from turning on/automatically trying to pair?

I only want my bluetooth to come on when I am actively trying to pair it with a device

Posted on Jun 28, 2020 6:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 2, 2020 9:56 AM

Hey there, Stephani.

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities! Thanks for your post about turning off Bluetooth on your iPhone. We'd be glad to see how we can help you out with this.

To get us started, when you do turn off Bluetooth, how do you do it? We ask because this can be done either from Control Center or from Settings. If you disable Bluetooth from Control Center, that change is only temporary, whereas if you turn it off in Settings, it is permanent until which time you reenable it. More about how Control Center behaves with Bluetooth and Wi-Fi can be found in Use Bluetooth and Wi-Fi in Control Center. Be sure to note the "Turn off Wi-Fi and Bluetooth" section on that page.

If something else is happening, give us a few more details and we'll continue on from there.

Be well.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 2, 2020 9:56 AM in response to stephani101

Hey there, Stephani.

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities! Thanks for your post about turning off Bluetooth on your iPhone. We'd be glad to see how we can help you out with this.

To get us started, when you do turn off Bluetooth, how do you do it? We ask because this can be done either from Control Center or from Settings. If you disable Bluetooth from Control Center, that change is only temporary, whereas if you turn it off in Settings, it is permanent until which time you reenable it. More about how Control Center behaves with Bluetooth and Wi-Fi can be found in Use Bluetooth and Wi-Fi in Control Center. Be sure to note the "Turn off Wi-Fi and Bluetooth" section on that page.

If something else is happening, give us a few more details and we'll continue on from there.

Be well.

Bluetooth turning on

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.