Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I delete Certain photos on device , but not on iCloud?

I need to free space on my device. How do I delete only certain photos on device , but keep in iCloud?

Posted on Jun 29, 2020 5:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 29, 2020 5:46 AM

You don't, sorry.

Using iCloud Photos, if you delete a picture on your iPhone, that picture is deleted also on iCloud (and viceversa).

You can transfer some (or all) pictures to your computer using this procedure:--> Archive or make copies of the information you store in iCloud - Apple Support

When done (your selected pictures are safely stored into your computer) you can delete what you want from your iPhone.

Regards

GIulio

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 29, 2020 5:46 AM in response to norma142

You don't, sorry.

Using iCloud Photos, if you delete a picture on your iPhone, that picture is deleted also on iCloud (and viceversa).

You can transfer some (or all) pictures to your computer using this procedure:--> Archive or make copies of the information you store in iCloud - Apple Support

When done (your selected pictures are safely stored into your computer) you can delete what you want from your iPhone.

Regards

GIulio

How do I delete Certain photos on device , but not on iCloud?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.