📢 Newsroom Update

Apple Intelligence comes to iPhone, iPad, and Mac starting next month. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Connect iPad Pro to Windows laptop. usb-c to usb-a

I need to connect my locked ipad pro (usb-c) to a windows laptop (usb-a) (iTunes). Which cable will work? Not just any usb-c to usb-a cable will work.

iPad Pro 11-inch Wi-Fi

Posted on Jun 29, 2020 11:04 AM

4 replies

Jun 29, 2020 6:27 PM in response to jimfrombridgeton

I've tried different non-Apple brands and nothing has worked yet. I have 2 USB 3.0 ports but nothing seems to work. Neither iTunes nor the laptop recognizes the iPad and it does not start charging when plugged in. I have a work laptop that does start charging the iPad with the same cable so I know the cable is working for charging. But it is my work laptop so I can't install iTunes. Both are Windows laptops.

Jun 30, 2020 5:26 AM in response to toddbutt

If you use a genuine Apple USB data cable, with your iPad, you’ll not have any cable-related issues.

USB 3 Cables are recommended over standard USB2 cables - as USB3 cables, with an additional set of data connections, can transfer data faster when connected to USB3-capable devices.

Always beware of third-party cables that are described as “charging cables” - as these may lack data connections.

Connect iPad Pro to Windows laptop. usb-c to usb-a

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.