Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The Image>Add To>Album list is out of order in Photos. How do I fix this?

When moving photos into albums in Photos, I used to click Image>Add To> and chose the album. The list of albums used to be in alphabetical order, but after updating my Mac, the Add To list does not seem to be in any kind of order. Why is this and how can I get it back into alphabetical order? Someone else asked this question a while ago here: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/250745149, but there were no replies.

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Jun 29, 2020 5:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 30, 2020 5:15 AM

Which system version do you have installed? In Photos 5 on Catalina the "Add to Album" list seems to be sorted in reverse order, compared to the list of albums in the sidebar.

It is currently easier to simply drag the photo to the sidebar into the album we want to add it, instead of trying to find the album in the "Add to Album " list.

It helps to group the albums in folders. Then the list is shorter. We can quickly select the folder, then the albums inside. With fold3ers we can easily manage more than thousand albums.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 30, 2020 5:15 AM in response to mcgugisa

Which system version do you have installed? In Photos 5 on Catalina the "Add to Album" list seems to be sorted in reverse order, compared to the list of albums in the sidebar.

It is currently easier to simply drag the photo to the sidebar into the album we want to add it, instead of trying to find the album in the "Add to Album " list.

It helps to group the albums in folders. Then the list is shorter. We can quickly select the folder, then the albums inside. With fold3ers we can easily manage more than thousand albums.

The Image>Add To>Album list is out of order in Photos. How do I fix this?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.