Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Weather App North Pacific Ocean Affecting Hulu

About 10 days ago I started having an issue using Hulu on my AT&T iphone, receiving an error that said could not play because I was in an international location. I am in Texas.

I noticed also that my weather app opens and displays for only a couple seconds that I am in North Pacific Ocean then quickly changes to my location Texas.

I reset my privacy and location on phone. My iOs is up to date. I've turned off my phone and restarted several times. Uninstalled and reinstalled Hulu. Turned off wifi, turned on wi-fi, etc. and been on with Hulu support and nothing has helped.

Anyone else having this issue?

Posted on Jun 29, 2020 8:11 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 4, 2020 8:22 AM

Hi, kimberlylauren143.

Thank you for reaching out on the Apple Support Communities. We noticed that you’re experiencing an issue where your iPhone was reporting an incorrectly location the other day. Have you had any success in finding a resolution for this? Location Services pulls your location from your cellular connection, Wi-Fi hotspots, GPS networks and sometimes Bluetooth connections to determine your approximate location. If the cellular connection is reporting the incorrect location, it will impact your iPhone. 

If you’re still experiencing the issue, we suggest starting by connecting with AT&T to check for known issues. 

We also noted that you commented on an Apple Support Communities forum post with a similar issue the other day. Did you get a chance to follow the suggestion outlined here? 

If you’ve confirmed that you’re allowing Location Services to access both Hulu and the Weather apps on your iPhone, try these steps next testing after each step:

1. Do you have any type of profile, mobile device management (MDM), or VPN set up to manage your device? You can check at Settings > General > Profiles. You may need to disable or delete these.
  2. Restart your iPhone - Apple Support
  3. Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support
  4. Update your carrier settings on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support
  5. Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, and VPN and APN settings that you've used before.

Still not able to get Hulu or the Weather widget to report the correct location? We suggest contacting Apple Support next.

Contact Apple Support

Cheers.

19 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 4, 2020 8:22 AM in response to kimberlylauren143

Hi, kimberlylauren143.

Thank you for reaching out on the Apple Support Communities. We noticed that you’re experiencing an issue where your iPhone was reporting an incorrectly location the other day. Have you had any success in finding a resolution for this? Location Services pulls your location from your cellular connection, Wi-Fi hotspots, GPS networks and sometimes Bluetooth connections to determine your approximate location. If the cellular connection is reporting the incorrect location, it will impact your iPhone. 

If you’re still experiencing the issue, we suggest starting by connecting with AT&T to check for known issues. 

We also noted that you commented on an Apple Support Communities forum post with a similar issue the other day. Did you get a chance to follow the suggestion outlined here? 

If you’ve confirmed that you’re allowing Location Services to access both Hulu and the Weather apps on your iPhone, try these steps next testing after each step:

1. Do you have any type of profile, mobile device management (MDM), or VPN set up to manage your device? You can check at Settings > General > Profiles. You may need to disable or delete these.
  2. Restart your iPhone - Apple Support
  3. Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support
  4. Update your carrier settings on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support
  5. Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, and VPN and APN settings that you've used before.

Still not able to get Hulu or the Weather widget to report the correct location? We suggest contacting Apple Support next.

Contact Apple Support

Cheers.

Aug 11, 2020 1:01 PM in response to Estate_Tailor

I’ve had the same issue showing “North Pacific Ocean” when it’s not in use but if I open it it goes to my actual location in southern Ohio per my setting to use my location while using the app. No security apps or vpn. I have limited cell coverage in my area and have att fixed wireless for home WiFi. Never had this issue before a few months ago and have never been east of Illinois. LOL

Sep 24, 2020 9:37 AM in response to kimberlylauren143

It is September 24 and Apple has apparently not gotten to the bottom of the problem. Yesterday my phone suddenly began giving me the North Pacific Ocean weather report too. Distracting. I do not have VPN or any other privacy app open. I very recently did an update on my phone. Supposed to fix any bugs. Looks like it gave me one. Not really funny!!!

Dec 11, 2020 11:58 AM in response to kimberlylauren143

This just recently started happening to me too, but for Lago Agrio (in Ecuador?). My weather location settings access is set to "While Using the App or Widgets" with no option to select "Always" (it's not a choice in the menu - which was a previous suggestion to correct it).

I'm located in Canada. It is definitely not 30 degrees here today. More like 5. This is so annoying.

Weather App North Pacific Ocean Affecting Hulu

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.