Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Siri voice feedback stopped working, American, female, IOS 13.5.1

XS Max, feedback stopped working 3 days ago, unknown if related to last update or software bug? I have an open support case with Apple, they are baffled as to the cause.

I attempted all support suggested fixes short of a hard reset. My fix finally, was to change to American, male feedback. It seems that only the American, female voice feedback is the only one with this issue.

iPhone XS Max, iOS 13

Posted on Jun 30, 2020 8:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 30, 2020 9:11 AM

I did the same process on my iPhone 6 iOS 12.4.7 with Apple ID Country : India

I gave a command to Siri and I heard American Female Voice responding.

Hence this is not affected by Apple ID country. Next....

So I would request you to Disable Siri as shown in Pic below

Settings > General > Keyboard > Dictation [Which Language?}

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 30, 2020 9:11 AM in response to mrjexx

I did the same process on my iPhone 6 iOS 12.4.7 with Apple ID Country : India

I gave a command to Siri and I heard American Female Voice responding.

Hence this is not affected by Apple ID country. Next....

So I would request you to Disable Siri as shown in Pic below

Settings > General > Keyboard > Dictation [Which Language?}

Jun 30, 2020 8:46 AM in response to mrjexx

Based on your post I tested it on my iPhone SE iOS 13.5.1 (Apple ID Country : United States)

Watch the GIF below

After the entire process was completed. I gave a command to Siri and I heard American Female Voice.

Please check what is the Apple ID country that you have on your device.

*Siri Voice options for gender and dialect depend on the language you pick. Some languages might offer only a male or female voice, while others offer both. Certain languages, such as English, Spanish, and French offer different dialects. For example, when using English in the United States, Siri can speak with an American, British, or Australian accent.

Jun 30, 2020 10:39 AM in response to SravanKrA

sravanKra

That worked and solved my Siri problem. I ended up doing basically what you suggested and I now have the American, female voice feedback up and running. Thanks again for your knowledge and help, Apple support should follow this to help others as well with this method fix Siri, voice feedback issues if needed.

Siri voice feedback stopped working, American, female, IOS 13.5.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.