Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

new iphone will not show icloud data

new iphone SE will not complete setup. It says iphone already added to icloud but will not actually log in

iPhone SE, iOS 13

Posted on Jun 30, 2020 10:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 30, 2020 5:24 PM

If you go to Settings/Your Name, scroll to the bottom of the page, is there a Sign Out button? If so, try tapping it, and sign out. Restart and try to sign back in.

Touch ID isn't working on your iPhone or iPad.     

4 replies

Jun 30, 2020 12:54 PM in response to jhubs81

Are you using:

Set up your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202033 or

Transfer data from your previous iOS device to your new iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201269?

I don't think you should get your result using either. Post back and explain what steps you are following when you get "iphone already added to icloud."

It sound like there already is an Apple ID on the device. Is you device activation locked, having obtained it second hand from an individual? If yes, you will need to obtain the needed password from the prior owner or have the prior owner sign out of iCloud; erase the device; and remove it from their device list. If you can do neither, then the device is useless to you.

Jun 30, 2020 5:08 PM in response to donv_the_ghost

Thanks for the reply. It’s a brand new iphone SE from Verizon. I set it up by backing up my old iphone 6 to itunes and then restoring the new phone from the backup. Everything works fine including touch ID, but the Books and Pages lost all my data and are completely empty. In settings I keep getting prompted to finish set up and get told that the Touch ID didn’t work. After signing into my Apple ID, I get told that this device is already signed in and then it just “spins” and never gets to the cloud. A series of screen shots is attached. Many thanks for any ideas...

new iphone will not show icloud data

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.