Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

sidecar not working on 16inch MacBook Pro 2019 core i9

-Both the Macbook and the iPad are connected to the same network

-Both had AirPlay turned on, so did they have Bluetooth.

-I opened my AirPlay and the iPad just -wasn't there its totally missing from the menu bar on the MacBook too.

-I then read the manual for sidecar and noticed that it had to be turned on in the system preferences, but when he opened them ; there just wasn't an option for it, nor it the search bar.

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jun 30, 2020 10:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 18, 2020 8:33 AM

Hey there derick212,

It sounds like you'll want to work through the following steps.

You'll find these steps linked below.

You may want to Contact Apple Support if more help is needed.

Have a good one!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 18, 2020 8:33 AM in response to derick212

Hey there derick212,

It sounds like you'll want to work through the following steps.

You'll find these steps linked below.

You may want to Contact Apple Support if more help is needed.

Have a good one!

Jul 17, 2020 12:46 AM in response to sterling r

Hi Sterling,

I have both the MacBook Pro 16 and an iPad Pro 3rd Gen. I’ve reset both devices so many times and made sure all requirements have met. But I came across a complain in this platform. The person had same issue as me. He said it’s an issue with the MacBook Pro 16. They don’t have better Bluetooth. It’s either It get triggered by a dongle and stops working. I just purchased both devices recently brand new so I don’t know why I’m having issues it. I don’t want to send my MacBook in for another one cuz I’ve wrapped it with skins

sidecar not working on 16inch MacBook Pro 2019 core i9

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.