Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud not uploading photos

Photos loaded from SD card onto my 2019 macbook pro (Catalina) are not uploading to icloud. All settings appear correct. Why? How do I fix this?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jun 30, 2020 1:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 30, 2020 6:18 PM

You may consider rebuilding your library. Rebuilding your library doesn't always work and can lead to problems that you didn't have before you started. On this basis, it is important that you duplicate your library before you start, so that you can revert back to it should you need to. You might want to name the duplicate appropriately so you know which is which at a glance and make sure you know which one is the system library.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204967

Similar questions

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 30, 2020 6:18 PM in response to raeflutes

You may consider rebuilding your library. Rebuilding your library doesn't always work and can lead to problems that you didn't have before you started. On this basis, it is important that you duplicate your library before you start, so that you can revert back to it should you need to. You might want to name the duplicate appropriately so you know which is which at a glance and make sure you know which one is the system library.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204967

Jun 30, 2020 6:11 PM in response to Winston Churchill

yes, and yes.... until about 2 weeks ago I had no problem with uploads and sharing... now loads of problems.... I uploaded the most recent photos on my ipad and now have duplicates on this computer in that I have the originals I uploaded and the icloud source. Icloud is working fine. I am also finding that when I try to edit a photo on this device I can only use the photos program.

Any other program results in loss of photo until I choose image from the top bar and click on revert to original which restores the photo.

iCloud not uploading photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.