Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Two-Step Authentication Not Working

I have an old MacBookPro that does not seem to work with the two-step authentication process. I try to log in using my Apple ID and I get the prompt saying I need to also enter a verification code. This then prompts me to allow access on my iPhone and have a verification code sent. However, I'm never given a prompt on my MacBook to ever enter the code, and I just keep going on in circles unable to log in. Given that it is impossible to turn off the two-step autentication code once it's on, this is extremely frustrating and effective makes my laptop useless for using Apple account-related features. Is there a workaround I am missing?

(I've done the whole open/close program and restart computer thing with no luck)

MacBook Pro 13″, OS X 10.10

Posted on Jun 30, 2020 6:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 30, 2020 6:58 PM

If your Mac is running OS X 10.10 as indicated in your signature, see the following from Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support

If you use two-factor authentication with devices running older OS versions—like an Apple TV (2nd or 3rd generation)—you might be asked to add your six-digit verification code to the end of your password when signing in. Get your verification code from a trusted device running iOS 9 and later or OS X El Capitan and later, or have it sent to your trusted phone number. Then type your password followed by the six-digit verification code directly into the password field.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 30, 2020 6:58 PM in response to caseatthebat

If your Mac is running OS X 10.10 as indicated in your signature, see the following from Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support

If you use two-factor authentication with devices running older OS versions—like an Apple TV (2nd or 3rd generation)—you might be asked to add your six-digit verification code to the end of your password when signing in. Get your verification code from a trusted device running iOS 9 and later or OS X El Capitan and later, or have it sent to your trusted phone number. Then type your password followed by the six-digit verification code directly into the password field.

Two-Step Authentication Not Working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.