You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

watchOS 11 is now available

Introducing sleep apnea notifications, the Vitals app, training load, additional customization for Activity rings, a more personalized Smart Stack, and more. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

apple watch with other carriers

In canada the phone carriers eligible for pairing an apple watch are carriers such as rogers, telus, etc. I don't use either of those carriers for my iphone 11. I was wondering if I would still be able to use an apple watch, or does it absolutely require me to change my phone plan? can i still be able to use some features or will i be unable to pair an apple watch with my phone completely?

Apple Watch

Posted on Jun 30, 2020 7:31 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 30, 2020 10:46 PM

only the cellular apple watch has a sim and any carrier relation whatsoever, the "normal" gps apple watch only communicate by wifi and bluetooth to your phone, and rely on your iphone to make calls

if you want to know more

https://www.imore.com/apple-watch-cellular-vs-gps-whats-difference

1 reply

apple watch with other carriers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.