Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Skeptical about a possible barrier for GarageBand on recent iPads

Hi. I have a first-gen iPad Pro, and I am in need of an upgrade to this year’s iPad Pro. Although, I’m an independent artist and musician with a mobile setup. I have a USB audio interface and a studio microphone. When it comes to my headphones, I always plug them directly into my iPad’s headphone jack whenever I’m mixing or recording vocals.

That being said, my biggest concern when it comes to upgrading, is that Apple unfortunately removed the headphone jack. That can possibly prevent me from doing what I’m doing to launch my career.

How do you record in GarageBand on a recent iPad that has no headphone jack while using a usb audio interface?

Posted on Jul 1, 2020 2:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 6, 2020 11:56 PM

If your audio interface has a headphone jack you could use that. The other options are to get either a pair of Bluetooth headphones which you can pair with your iPad or a usb hub with a headphone jack.

Similar questions

2 replies

Skeptical about a possible barrier for GarageBand on recent iPads

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.