Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I change my name when I'm writing a review in the appstore?

I set my name years ago and now i want to chagne it but i can't figure out how to change it when I'm writing reviews in the appstrore.

I've changed my apple id name and the name of my email, but I still have the same name when i write reviews.

When I go to my profile in the appstore it's correct until I write a review.

Does anyone have a solution for this?

iPhone X, iOS 13

Posted on Jul 1, 2020 11:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 6, 2020 12:39 PM

Hi there, TanavFlies!

Thanks for posting in the Apple Support Communities regarding your App Store and iTunes Store nickname. We're happy to give you some information on how to change it!

When leaving a comment/review of an app, your nickname is displayed. This nickname is different than your full name listed on your Apple ID account. While you are not able to change the nickname from your iOS device, you can use a computer to do so.

If you're using a Mac, open the macOS App Store and click on your name at the bottom of the sidebar on the left. If prompted, sign into your Apple ID. Then, click "View Information" from the upper right of the account page. Once the next page loads, scroll down to the "Manage" section. Here you will see your nickname and have the option to edit it. Changing the nickname here will change how the nickname appears when leaving comments/reviews on apps.

If you are using a Windows computer, you can change your nickname by clicking Account > View My Account. If prompted, sign in with your Apple ID. Scroll to the "Settings" section and click the edit button next to your nickname: Set up and manage an iTunes Store account on PC - Apple Support.

Cheers.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 6, 2020 12:39 PM in response to TanavFlies

Hi there, TanavFlies!

Thanks for posting in the Apple Support Communities regarding your App Store and iTunes Store nickname. We're happy to give you some information on how to change it!

When leaving a comment/review of an app, your nickname is displayed. This nickname is different than your full name listed on your Apple ID account. While you are not able to change the nickname from your iOS device, you can use a computer to do so.

If you're using a Mac, open the macOS App Store and click on your name at the bottom of the sidebar on the left. If prompted, sign into your Apple ID. Then, click "View Information" from the upper right of the account page. Once the next page loads, scroll down to the "Manage" section. Here you will see your nickname and have the option to edit it. Changing the nickname here will change how the nickname appears when leaving comments/reviews on apps.

If you are using a Windows computer, you can change your nickname by clicking Account > View My Account. If prompted, sign in with your Apple ID. Scroll to the "Settings" section and click the edit button next to your nickname: Set up and manage an iTunes Store account on PC - Apple Support.

Cheers.

How do I change my name when I'm writing a review in the appstore?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.