Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

email using Mail

I receive a hundred email a day (don't we all) and all of them load content/graphics correctly. Except this one. From Patagonia. Is there a setting I need to change to see the email as intended? I have a 27" iMac with latest Catalina (10.15.5) and Mail is 13.4. Here is the email in question.

iMac 27″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jul 1, 2020 12:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 1, 2020 12:40 PM

This is pretty common when whatever process the sender is using to generate the email has a bug in the way it formats the message. You should never be seeing the "&..." values, as those are intended to be interpreted from HTML into human-readable content. The fact that you have the one term repeating a large number of times suggests some sort of loop that got out of control.

It's usually pretty helpful if you forward the message as an attachment (from the top var Message menu, between Forward and Redirect) back to the sender, as that preserves the message in original format including the buggy rendering.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 1, 2020 12:40 PM in response to Michael M

This is pretty common when whatever process the sender is using to generate the email has a bug in the way it formats the message. You should never be seeing the "&..." values, as those are intended to be interpreted from HTML into human-readable content. The fact that you have the one term repeating a large number of times suggests some sort of loop that got out of control.

It's usually pretty helpful if you forward the message as an attachment (from the top var Message menu, between Forward and Redirect) back to the sender, as that preserves the message in original format including the buggy rendering.

email using Mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.