Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

external microphone not working on iPhone 11

So, I bought a iPhone 11 Pro to shoot videos and record. So I thought it would be a good idea to buy an external mic that works for iPhone . Then I had to buy an adapter so the cord would fit in the phone but yet the phone still used the same microphone and not the external mic.Is there something I can do to fix this?

iPhone 11 Pro, iOS 13

Posted on Jul 1, 2020 7:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 6, 2020 6:23 PM

Hey there Jaydenvalle,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. We understand you’re having issues switching the audio source while recording videos on your iPhone. We’ll be happy to help with this.

Did the mic you purchased come with any instructions on how this works? Some mic may come with an app that you use to record videos with the mic. 

If not, try connecting the mic after opening the camera apps and switching to video. See if this helps at all.

If the issue still continues, try using the external mic to make a Voice Memo and see if that works. This will can help you determine if there is an issue with the external mic or connection. This article has more details:

Make a recording in Voice Memos on iPhone 

We hope this helps.

Take care.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 6, 2020 6:23 PM in response to Jaydenvalle

Hey there Jaydenvalle,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. We understand you’re having issues switching the audio source while recording videos on your iPhone. We’ll be happy to help with this.

Did the mic you purchased come with any instructions on how this works? Some mic may come with an app that you use to record videos with the mic. 

If not, try connecting the mic after opening the camera apps and switching to video. See if this helps at all.

If the issue still continues, try using the external mic to make a Voice Memo and see if that works. This will can help you determine if there is an issue with the external mic or connection. This article has more details:

Make a recording in Voice Memos on iPhone 

We hope this helps.

Take care.

external microphone not working on iPhone 11

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.