Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos tagged with a name do not appear in 'People' album

I have this problem with many of the people I have tagged their face in Photos in Catalina.

I can see that they are tagged in the photo, but they do not appear in the 'People' album. It's caused a lot of duplicates I want to fix, and it's annoying to not see all the people in the album.

When I search the name they both show up:

But in the people album only one shows up (so I can't select both to merge)

Any ideas how to fix this?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Jul 1, 2020 7:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 2, 2020 2:02 AM

Photos is keeping some albums hidden, until you add them to the People album.

• Search for the name, then open a photo of the person, that is missing from the People album.
  • View the photo enlarged and swipe up to se see the details with the faces thumbnails below the photo.
  • Click the faces thumbnail, that is missing from the People album. This should open the hidden album.
  • In the hidden album scroll down to the bottom. There should be a link "Add to People Album". Click it.
  • Now the missing album should appear at the bottom of the People album and you can drag it onto the other album for the same person.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 2, 2020 2:02 AM in response to tjscraps

Photos is keeping some albums hidden, until you add them to the People album.

• Search for the name, then open a photo of the person, that is missing from the People album.
  • View the photo enlarged and swipe up to se see the details with the faces thumbnails below the photo.
  • Click the faces thumbnail, that is missing from the People album. This should open the hidden album.
  • In the hidden album scroll down to the bottom. There should be a link "Add to People Album". Click it.
  • Now the missing album should appear at the bottom of the People album and you can drag it onto the other album for the same person.

Photos tagged with a name do not appear in 'People' album

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.