Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

icloud family sharing, with same apple ID on private and work phone.

I want Family sharing to work on my work iPhone, and I have same apple ID on the workphone as my private iPhone. Any suggestions?

Posted on Jul 1, 2020 11:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 2, 2020 6:17 AM

If you are using the same Apple ID on both devices, then both devices can already access the same iCloud account.

The iCloud account is defined by the Apple ID.

So all you would need to do is turn on iCloud Photo Library on the work phone if its not turned on.

If you go to Settings->Account (top of settings) on the work phone, is the same Apple ID signed in there for iCloud and iTunes & App Stores? If you only see one email address there under your name, then its signed in to the same Apple ID for iCloud and iTunes & App Stores. Is it the same email account there on both phones?

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 2, 2020 6:17 AM in response to elin33

If you are using the same Apple ID on both devices, then both devices can already access the same iCloud account.

The iCloud account is defined by the Apple ID.

So all you would need to do is turn on iCloud Photo Library on the work phone if its not turned on.

If you go to Settings->Account (top of settings) on the work phone, is the same Apple ID signed in there for iCloud and iTunes & App Stores? If you only see one email address there under your name, then its signed in to the same Apple ID for iCloud and iTunes & App Stores. Is it the same email account there on both phones?

Jul 2, 2020 7:01 AM in response to Phil0124

I can see now that I dont have the same Apple-ID. I thought I had that but I dont. They are different.

when I open the invitation that I sent from my private phone to my work phone, and I open it on my work phone it saya that I already got a membership in a other family? I havent connected to any family on my work phone?

icloud family sharing, with same apple ID on private and work phone.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.