Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari autofill password nightmare

Hi all,

There are many websites I use where the password is never the same e.g. "Please enter characters 1, 3 and 8 of your memorable word) and each character goes into a separate box.

Whenever safari sees this, it's autofills the form with a secure and randomly generated password. Then If I click the box to enter the correct details, safari doesn't let me, I have to click away from the box, then click around until finally "Use my own password" appears.

It's so annoying I can't even begin to describe it. Is there a way for me to disable this automatic password generation crap without disabling autofilling of my saved passwords?

And I still can't get over the name Big Sur or the iOS style icons in macOS, they're so ugly on the iPhone, now I will have to see them on the Mac...

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jul 2, 2020 5:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 2, 2020 11:31 AM

Have you tried going to Safari/Preferences/Autofill/Edit to remove the websites where you don't want autofill suggestions?

1 reply

Safari autofill password nightmare

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.