Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't delete or disable email account

Hi,

Few days ago the "Mail" stopped working. When I open it there is a white screen for some seconds before it closes itself.

I wanted to disable or delete the email account I have in the settings, it is just impossible.

If I select "Delete Account" it shows the spinning icon with 'Deleting...' under it forever.

If I select the on/off switch to turn off the email account, it replace the switch by a spinning icon and it just stay like that.

Also weird that the "Automatic Reply" stays as 'Loading...' forever, it just never show any other value there.

Tried to force restarting the phone few times, same result.

This is a Google G Suite Business account.

My iOS is v13.5.1 and my phone an iPhone Xs.

Anyone has an idea how I can disable or delete that account?

Thanks a lot.

iPhone XS, iOS 13

Posted on Jul 2, 2020 1:03 PM

3 replies

Jul 2, 2020 2:11 PM in response to Spoon25

It either took 40 minutes to delete the account or it’s when I went in Google and removed the password used by “Mail” which, by generating a wrong password, made the delete to work.

It’s gone finally after a whole day trying get to get rid of it.

still I can’t say exactly what fixed, but the idea of removing the Mail app sounds like a very good hint to simplify things.

Can't delete or disable email account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.