Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem with pages

There is a problem with my Pages. I can't access the files I created with Pages and its very frustrating. Does anyone know how to solve this? Thank you.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jul 2, 2020 6:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 5, 2020 5:18 AM

Pages documents can only be opened in the correct, supported version of Pages, or displayed read-only in Preview. You are attempting to open a Pages document in TextEdit, and it is telling you the truth in that dialog.

2 replies

Jul 4, 2020 10:14 PM in response to rozane28

Looks like you're trying to open it in 'text edit' ... though I think that should work. Excuse if this is obvious, but have you tried selecting (but not opening) the document then in top menu File--> Open With to see what applications pop up as options for opening this file? Hopefully Pages will be one of them, if not, maybe you need to reinstall the application?

Then there's always the possibility that the file is somehow corrupted. Doesn't look like you have Time Machine either to try an earlier version.

Problem with pages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.