Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I retrieve my uploaded music from iTunes?

I was unaware that Apple ended iTunes. I thought all of my music was backed up in iTunes. I purchased new phones and a new MacBook. I erased and sold my old computer and phones before realizing that I had 2100 songs missing from my new Music account - only the "purchased" items were uploaded and none of my burned cd's. How do I retrieve all of my music?

Posted on Jul 3, 2020 6:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 3, 2020 6:39 AM

Reload them from CDs or a backup of the old computer.

Music gotten from sources other than the iTunes Store will only be associated with your Apple ID if you uploaded it through iTunes Match or Apple Music. Even for songs bought through iTunes, the copies there shouldn't be considered as a substitute for a backup; they may get removed from the iTunes Store at any time.

(181994)

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 3, 2020 6:39 AM in response to D-Tunes

Reload them from CDs or a backup of the old computer.

Music gotten from sources other than the iTunes Store will only be associated with your Apple ID if you uploaded it through iTunes Match or Apple Music. Even for songs bought through iTunes, the copies there shouldn't be considered as a substitute for a backup; they may get removed from the iTunes Store at any time.

(181994)

How do I retrieve my uploaded music from iTunes?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.