Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trying to use a Logitech bluetooth mouse with iPad Mini or iPad Pro

Hello

The subject line describes the problem. The mouse is the M170 and it has a bluetooth USB adaptor and an on-off switch, but no "discoverable" button. Is there a way to connect this to my iPad Mini 4 or my iPad Pro 2018?

Thanks in advance.

Posted on Jul 3, 2020 7:07 AM

8 replies

Jul 3, 2020 7:47 AM in response to Not exiled

You didn't say you had iPad Mini 4. You said iPad Mini. Yes, a Mini 4 as long as it has iPadOS 13.4 or higher can use a mouse.

As to putting your mouse in pairing mode, you need to use the directions Logitech provided with the mouse to put it in pairing mode. If you don't have the directions, go to Logitech.com and look up the user manual for the mouse you own. Typically however underneath the mouse is a button you push to put it in pairing mode. If the mouse is already paired to another device, make sure that device is turned off or it won't go into pairing mode, unless the mouse provides for pairing with multiple devices. I have a Logitech MX Master mouse, which can be paired with 3 devices and can be moved easily between the devices by a tap of a button.

A final note: Since iPadOS 13.4 you may find scrolling on a 3rd party mouse is not very smooth or in some cases won't scroll at all. Logitech seems to work pretty well with iPad. Some other mice, not as well.

Jul 3, 2020 7:33 AM in response to lobsterghost1

Thank you for your reply. I'm wondering why you say that the iPad Mini 4 will not be able to use a mouse. The article here https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT211009 lists it as one of the iPads that will. Also, the article linked from the article you sent a link to (the link I give above) says to be sure the mouse is in pairing mode. This is a problem: I don't know how to get it into pairing mode.

Is there a list somewhere of mice that will work with iPads? Is it only mice that don't have a USB bluetooth connector?

Trying to use a Logitech bluetooth mouse with iPad Mini or iPad Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.