Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Care + and replacement/upgrade

My iphone 8 (red) got pretty messed up the other day. AppleCare+ runs out in September. Seems silly to get a replacement with the iphone 11 pro lingering out there. is there an upgrade possibility during the replacement of the 8 (red). I've never needed to use my Applecare before...how does the process work?

iPhone 8

Posted on Jul 3, 2020 8:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 3, 2020 4:41 PM

BTW, if you do still have original warranty or AppleCare+ time remaining, doing an Apple out of warranty replacement also reinstates the remainder of your original warranty (or provides 90 days coverage, whichever is the longer period).

And you can always then use that replacement device later for credit when you want to upgrade. It would not be penalized in the Apple trade up program or for store credit just because it was replacing a damaged device. The credit value will still be based on functionality and condition.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 3, 2020 4:41 PM in response to james4rest34

BTW, if you do still have original warranty or AppleCare+ time remaining, doing an Apple out of warranty replacement also reinstates the remainder of your original warranty (or provides 90 days coverage, whichever is the longer period).

And you can always then use that replacement device later for credit when you want to upgrade. It would not be penalized in the Apple trade up program or for store credit just because it was replacing a damaged device. The credit value will still be based on functionality and condition.

Apple Care + and replacement/upgrade

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.