Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

macbook and iphone icloud photos not syncing

I have a new macbook pro but my icloud photos on my macbook are not loading on my iphone. The iphone photos do load to the macbook. I can put photos in my photostream on my mac and then they appear on the iphone. However, with my old mac the photos would automatically appear on the iphone.

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 13

Posted on Jul 3, 2020 10:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 3, 2020 11:49 AM

The complete reload is normal. When the sync starts, it assumes none of the photos are in iCloud. It then cross checks what is on the computer against what is in iCloud. Unless there is a problem, you shouldn't have any duplicates.

5 replies

Jul 3, 2020 10:27 AM in response to clwords

Try going to iCloud.com using a computer browser to see if the items are there and whether they are from the device or the computer. That should show whether the device or the computer isn't syncing. If the computer, try going to System Preferences/iCloud (Apple ID if you are using Catalina) and stop syncing. Wait a couple of minutes, then recheck syncing. If the device, go to Settings/Your Name/iCloud and do the above. As a last resort, you can also try signing out of iCloud and then sign in again.

macbook and iphone icloud photos not syncing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.