Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"View As Icon"

When I drag a screenshot from my desktop (MacOS Catalina) into an email, the "view as icon" will not work. It just blanks out the the whole view and then I have to find the little arrow and make the blank page the whole view of the screenshot. Help please.

iMac 27″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jul 3, 2020 11:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 3, 2020 11:54 AM

I can view a screenshot as an icon with Catalina 10.15.5 in Mail;

So Log into another admin user account, Set up users, guests, and groups on Mac and see if the problem persists. (This tells us if the problem is limited to your user account or is system wide).

Next, boot into Safe Mode (How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support) by booting with the Shift key held down and check there to see if the problem persists.  Reboot normally and test again.

NOTE: Safe Mode boot can take up to 10 minutes as it's doing some system cache cleaning, volume verifying and directory repairing. 

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 3, 2020 11:54 AM in response to rheta

I can view a screenshot as an icon with Catalina 10.15.5 in Mail;

So Log into another admin user account, Set up users, guests, and groups on Mac and see if the problem persists. (This tells us if the problem is limited to your user account or is system wide).

Next, boot into Safe Mode (How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support) by booting with the Shift key held down and check there to see if the problem persists.  Reboot normally and test again.

NOTE: Safe Mode boot can take up to 10 minutes as it's doing some system cache cleaning, volume verifying and directory repairing. 

"View As Icon"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.