Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how does keynote define an "object" in a drawing

When I create a drawing in Keynote with my Apple Pencil, the software seems to spontaneously create objects (as delineated by invisible boxes) from parts of the drawing. How does Keynote decide that, and how can I change it. These objects form the units for animation. If I want to animate parts of the drawing separately, how do override the grouping created automatically.

iPad Pro 10.5-inch, Wi-Fi

Posted on Jul 3, 2020 1:30 PM

2 replies

Jul 4, 2020 6:59 AM in response to Mikelis Bickis

Thanks for your efforts. I know how to read a manual, but sometimes the answer is not there, so I depend on the good will of the Apple community. It would have been more helpful to give this link https://support.apple.com/en-ca/guide/keynote-ipad/tandc87105d7/ipados but as you see, it does not answer the question. The TOC does not even have the word "drawing" in it, nor is there a concept index which would be very helpful. I figured out how to separate and merge drawings, but I still don't know how Keynote decides which collection of marks that I put down on the screen define one object as opposed to several. Maybe Apple itself does not know, or does not want you to know. Maybe Keynote has a mind of its own, and the criteria are hidden deep inside some neural net.

how does keynote define an "object" in a drawing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.