Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPad Pro cover is falling apart

My iPad Pro cover is falling apart. It had started pre-pandemic but is falling apart at an alarming rate. Is this considered normal wear?

Posted on Jul 3, 2020 2:11 PM

4 replies

Jul 4, 2020 6:41 AM in response to lobsterghost1

No, it hasn’t been under any special circumstances like heat or chemical exposure, I’ve had several Apple products and nothing has happened like this... indeed my older iPad cover is still the original and it looks better after 6 years that this one after 2.

thanks for the suggestions about other products. I won’t buy another Apple case.

Jul 3, 2020 2:17 PM in response to jordi1957

It certainly looks beat up. It looks like it was melted to be honest? Was it left in a car with the windows closed and the sun on it? Accessories come with a one year warranty. You can show it to Apple, but I'm betting they're not going to cover it under warranty, even if you can prove you bought it less than a year ago. How long have you had it?

If I were you, I'd go to Amazon and buy a folio for your iPad for much less than the cost of the official Apple Folio and call it a day.

Jul 3, 2020 2:28 PM in response to jordi1957

That’s one of the roughest-looking iPad covers I’ve encountered. I’d too wonder about heat, or solvent exposure? Or faulty construction. But any repair or replacement decisions is entirely the purview of Apple, so you’ll want to check with them.

I’m fond of the Berkley iPad cases. They’re not cheap, but they’re very well made, robust, and look good.

My iPad Pro cover is falling apart

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.