Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am not able to setup my voice for siri

I am not able to set up Siri. I have a I phone 11 which is about 15 days old

it’s not taking in my voice input

iPhone 11, iOS 13

Posted on Jul 3, 2020 9:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 4, 2020 1:10 AM

Siri understands your voice but does not recognises a voice. (There is no voice recognition available on Siri yet). Even if you keep your iPhone near a TV it will fetch sound and voices from TV and respond with what ever it interprets.

Siri was never designed on an iPhone for recognising voices. When you enable "Hey Sir " it may ask you to say few words and phrases just to understand you better but never to recognise your voice.

Siri uses speech recognition and not voice recognition --> If Siri or "Hey Siri" isn't working - Apple Support

Watch the GIF below

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 4, 2020 1:10 AM in response to kruthi_dev

Siri understands your voice but does not recognises a voice. (There is no voice recognition available on Siri yet). Even if you keep your iPhone near a TV it will fetch sound and voices from TV and respond with what ever it interprets.

Siri was never designed on an iPhone for recognising voices. When you enable "Hey Sir " it may ask you to say few words and phrases just to understand you better but never to recognise your voice.

Siri uses speech recognition and not voice recognition --> If Siri or "Hey Siri" isn't working - Apple Support

Watch the GIF below

I am not able to setup my voice for siri

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.