Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad Software Update (err= -3259)

Hi,

I'm trying to update my iPad Air iOS 8 to the latest version. I'm using iTunes since the software update under settings says to connect it to a computer to update.

When I update it on my computer in iTunes, the update download is only iOS 12.4.6 and the download stops after 2.76 GB of 2.76 GB saying the network connection timed out but my internet is fine.

Now the download is at zero KB of 2.76 GB - stopped (err= -3259)

Is there any way I can choose other iOS update?

Please help. Thank you

iPad Air Wi-Fi

Posted on Jul 3, 2020 10:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 3, 2020 10:34 PM

How to Fix iTunes Error 3259 

After trying each of these troubleshooting steps, connect to iTunes again. If you still can't connect, move on to the next possible solution.

1. Check the network connection. If your internet connection is down, you can't connect to iTunes. Make sure the internet connection is working properly, and then connect to iTunes again.
  2. Update iTunes. An outdated version of iTunes might cause a connection error. Get the latest version of iTunes so you'll have all the newest bug fixes and security updates, and then see if this solves the problem.
  3. Update the operating system. Install any available Windows or macOS updates. Having the latest operating system version ensures that you have critical security patches. It also provides system stability and removes any outdated features. Update the operating system and then see if you can connect to iTunes.
  4. Disable or uninstall security software. Your security software may conflict with your ability to connect to iTunes. If you have more than one program, disable or uninstall them one at a time to isolate which is causing the problem. This process varies according to your specific security programs, so check the documentation for details.
  5. If turning off any MODEM/router firewall solved the problem, check out Apple's lists of ports and services that are required for iTunes and add rules to your firewall configuration to allow these exceptions.
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 3, 2020 10:34 PM in response to gg70

How to Fix iTunes Error 3259 

After trying each of these troubleshooting steps, connect to iTunes again. If you still can't connect, move on to the next possible solution.

1. Check the network connection. If your internet connection is down, you can't connect to iTunes. Make sure the internet connection is working properly, and then connect to iTunes again.
  2. Update iTunes. An outdated version of iTunes might cause a connection error. Get the latest version of iTunes so you'll have all the newest bug fixes and security updates, and then see if this solves the problem.
  3. Update the operating system. Install any available Windows or macOS updates. Having the latest operating system version ensures that you have critical security patches. It also provides system stability and removes any outdated features. Update the operating system and then see if you can connect to iTunes.
  4. Disable or uninstall security software. Your security software may conflict with your ability to connect to iTunes. If you have more than one program, disable or uninstall them one at a time to isolate which is causing the problem. This process varies according to your specific security programs, so check the documentation for details.
  5. If turning off any MODEM/router firewall solved the problem, check out Apple's lists of ports and services that are required for iTunes and add rules to your firewall configuration to allow these exceptions.

iPad Software Update (err= -3259)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.