Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I back up my photos from iCloud to an external device?

As iCloud is only a syncing service, how can I back up my photos to an external drive? I want to be able to see the photos and access the photos from Photoshop/other, not just transfer to a new device.

iMac 27″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jul 4, 2020 4:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 4, 2020 4:35 AM

If you use iCloud photos on your iMac then you can access the photos from there as well... Otherwise you can go to the photos app on your Mac and select the pictures and select File > Export to transfer the pictures to an external storage device. This also works if you log-in to iCloud.com via a web browser.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 4, 2020 4:35 AM in response to kjkdesign

If you use iCloud photos on your iMac then you can access the photos from there as well... Otherwise you can go to the photos app on your Mac and select the pictures and select File > Export to transfer the pictures to an external storage device. This also works if you log-in to iCloud.com via a web browser.

Can I back up my photos from iCloud to an external device?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.