Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

“Other” is using the most storage on my iPad. How can I delete?

Posted on Jul 4, 2020 4:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 4, 2020 11:12 AM

Actually, when there is abnormal amount of "other" on an iOS device it most often indicates some corrupt data is being stored.

There is a way to get rid of the corrupt data and that is by backing up your device, then restoring the device for backup. I have helped countless people with this and it works.

See this link about restoring your device from backup --> Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

Note: There are two methods. One is iCloud, the other is using your computer with iTunes or Finder (for Mac). Using your computer is the better method (both will work however) as it replaces iOS on your device in the process with a fresh new copy.

Trust me, this works.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 4, 2020 11:12 AM in response to Coco7607

Actually, when there is abnormal amount of "other" on an iOS device it most often indicates some corrupt data is being stored.

There is a way to get rid of the corrupt data and that is by backing up your device, then restoring the device for backup. I have helped countless people with this and it works.

See this link about restoring your device from backup --> Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

Note: There are two methods. One is iCloud, the other is using your computer with iTunes or Finder (for Mac). Using your computer is the better method (both will work however) as it replaces iOS on your device in the process with a fresh new copy.

Trust me, this works.

Jul 4, 2020 10:54 AM in response to Coco7607

You may find this article to be helpful in both explaining what is stored within the “other” category - and what you can do to reduce its size:

https://www.imore.com/how-find-and-remove-other-files-iphone-and-ipad

As you will discover, when you understand what is stored, there’s are fair amount that you do to recover space that it consumes.

I hope this information proves to helpful in resolving any issues.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.