Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I forgot my note password.

I locked my notes in my iPhone X. But, unfortunately I forgot the password to unlock and access them. So, is there any solution to reset note password? in iPhone?

Posted on Jul 4, 2020 4:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 4, 2020 5:45 AM

You can reset the Notes password however that will only affect the notes that you may lock in the future with the new password. The notes with the old password, which you have forgotten, will always need that old password to open them again.

To Reset the Notes password for future locked notes, open Settings ➔ Notes ➔ Password ➔ Under Accounts choose the location and reset the password.

After you reset your password, you won’t regain access to your old notes, but it will let you lock notes going forward. If at any point you remember the old password, you can go to the old note and enter the old password to unlock it. Apple Notes will give you an option to update the note to the new password.

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 4, 2020 5:45 AM in response to sohrabzarbafiyan

You can reset the Notes password however that will only affect the notes that you may lock in the future with the new password. The notes with the old password, which you have forgotten, will always need that old password to open them again.

To Reset the Notes password for future locked notes, open Settings ➔ Notes ➔ Password ➔ Under Accounts choose the location and reset the password.

After you reset your password, you won’t regain access to your old notes, but it will let you lock notes going forward. If at any point you remember the old password, you can go to the old note and enter the old password to unlock it. Apple Notes will give you an option to update the note to the new password.

Axel F.

I forgot my note password.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.