Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Preview Signature Camera

I tried using camera to capture my signature and my Mac isn't capturing it when I hold the paper to the camera. Is there a troubleshooting video on how to correct whatever I'm doing wrong?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jul 4, 2020 6:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 4, 2020 7:58 AM

It can be an awkward to do.

You need to align the signature with the blue line:

It can take more than one attempt.

There is no interface sound effect, the saved signature just pops in screen, when aligned correctly.

From Preview. app Help menu:

• Create a signature using your computer’s built-in camera: Click Camera. Hold your signature (on white paper) facing the camera so that your signature is level with the blue line in the window. When your signature appears in the window, click Done. If you don’t like the results, click Clear, then try again.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 4, 2020 7:58 AM in response to rayfield101

It can be an awkward to do.

You need to align the signature with the blue line:

It can take more than one attempt.

There is no interface sound effect, the saved signature just pops in screen, when aligned correctly.

From Preview. app Help menu:

• Create a signature using your computer’s built-in camera: Click Camera. Hold your signature (on white paper) facing the camera so that your signature is level with the blue line in the window. When your signature appears in the window, click Done. If you don’t like the results, click Clear, then try again.

Preview Signature Camera

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.